Saturday, September 26, 2009

Road Rage

So here, road rules are completely differerent.

It´s not just that speed limit signs are in kilometers. I can handle that. The metric system makes more sense anyway.

But there are no intersections. At all. Everything is a fuckin´rotary. And they´re not useful rotaries that connect 10 roads. They connect 4. Apparently Spain hasn´t heard of stop lights.

BUT THEY HAVE STOP LIGHTS. IN THE MIDDLE OF A ONE WAY STREET. And these lights go off so that people can cross the street. Even. When. No. One. Is. Crossing. The. Street.

I was about to shoot someone. And then I noticed that cars stop for me if I even hint at needing to cross the street, which makes those aforementioned lights redundant. So when I´m used to waiting for a large enough gap to cross, I unwittingly create a traffic jam as a driver stops to let me cross, and holds up the line whilst I stand there confused (and of course they start to move as soon as I decide to actually cross)

And there are theese speed bumps, every fuckin´where. I feel like I´m on a rollercoaster. And these arrows. OH HOLY SHIT THE ARROWS. Sometimes they point in a direction that reassures you´re on the correct side of the road (which here is the right side. Fuck you, Britain) BUT HALF THE TIME THESE DIABOLICAL ARROWS POINT IN THE OPPISITE DIRECTION THAT YOU´RE SUPPOSED TO BE GOING.

And the drivers here are so freakin´relaxed. Lane designation? Who needs it. Turn signals? Not neccesary. No free spots to park on th street? Why the sidewalk is just dandy.

And the most obnoxious thing (yes, it gets worse) people here decide to park in the middle of the street to run out and buy a pack of ciggerettes, and of course talk to an aquantince about his new baby for 15 minutes. And they justify this by putting on their caution lights.
-MOVE YOUR FUCKIN´CAR YOU ASSHOoh your caution lights are on. Everything is fine then, my good sir. Oh really? New baby you say? Well why don´t I just park right behind your car and join you.-

I bought a gun today.

No comments:

Post a Comment