Saturday, October 17, 2009

Leche

So, there's no milk here.
That is, no fresh milk. It's all packaged and stored and proccesed and not at all fresh, and I think they put a chemical into it for the sole purpose of keeping the milk from ever reaching a drinkable temperature.
And it's sold by liter. LITERS. I drink that much per meal. It's such a waste of plastic. But at least it all gets recycled.
Which brings me to another topic. They recycle a lot more in Europe, which is great. My father is the type that likes to burn all of his waste, so this is a nice change.
Except..there's no bag for actual trash. They have bags for paper, carton, plastic, glass, metal, food scraps, BUT NOTHING FOR ACTUAL TRASH. It's enviormentally great but sometimes I really don't want to have to think about which of the 87354 bags my half plastic half carton goes into.

No comments:

Post a Comment