Monday, October 26, 2009

Alicante Escapades

So this weekend I went to Alicante to visit my Spanish family. It was my grandfather's and great grandmother's AND grandmother's friend's bithday. Long story short, the Spanish eat and eat and eat and now I'm on Jenny Craig.

But I digest...

On the way there I saw tons of Green machinery.

Solar Panels

Windmills

And these awesome bull billboards.

(Moo?)

I met MariCarmen, my grandmother, and she's the bomb. She's been all over the world and has art all over her house (even a dead cocodrilo from the Congo!)

I saw La Iglesia de San Nicolas (absolutely gorgeous...couldn't take pictures though) and went to a concert in Plaza de Santa María with my tíos. It was all Spanish festival music.
I wish I could've stayed longer, but I'll be back for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment