Sunday, May 2, 2010

El Día de las Madres

So before I talk about Spanish Mother's Day, I have a rant saved up here that I gotta let out...

I am NOT, German, nor Swedish, nor British, nor Irish, nor Austrian. I am from THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and although I may look to you as any of the NUMEROUS nationalities I have been foolishly labeled, I can assure you, that I am AMERICAN.

Thank you...

Now, Mother's Day is here is pretty exactly the same. Making breakfast in bed doesn't seem super common, but it's pretty the same economic excuse to get rid of expired chocolates and flowers.

I went to the beach today, got buried in said beach, and got sunburned on said beach. So pretty much same old same old.

A few weeks ago there was a charla with a bunch of the foreigners and politians. I got to read a poem to everyone, IN SPANISH, THAT I WROTE, and it tottttttally rocked. Like, not your regular run of the mill rocking chair rocked, but Spanish rocked, which I can assure you, is at least twelve times more rockin' than your usual rockingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment